Systems & Network Engineer and Team Manager
Are you passionate about technology and the impact it can make in a business? Are you invested in the success of your team members and helping them to grow? Do you have a thirst for knowledge and constantly improve your technical skills via research, certifications, peer groups, etc.? Do others come to you for troubleshooting assistance because they know you’ll be able to solve mysteries that nobody else can? And do you gain great satisfaction from engineering projects that solve problems for others?
If so, you may be a great fit in our organization as an Engineer & Team Manager. In this role, you would lead a team of 4-5 Systems & Network Engineers and Desktop Support Specialists. You also would engineer IT solutions on challenging projects. Your ultimate mission would be to drive customer satisfaction, maintain our excellent client and employee retention, and increase profitability.
We are a fast-growing IT services firm that provides comprehensive support solutions to businesses with 10 – 200 users throughout the Colorado Front Range. We do this by listening to our clients, helping them to define their IT needs, then designing and implementing solutions to meet their objectives. For the majority of our customers, we are the IT department and handle everything from ordering PCs to building and maintaining computer networks and provisioning sophisticated cloud services.
What you can expect from us:
- Opportunity to develop and hone your leadership skills
- Support and mentorship from the Technical Services Manager (TSM)
- A team of engaged Engineers as well as other Team Managers who absolutely love what they do
- A fast-paced role that brings different challenges and opportunities on an ongoing basis
- Ability to lead the professional development of your team members, with resources to learn, improve, and grow
- Competitive pay with comprehensive benefits that include paid time off, medical, dental, life, disability and 401K with generous matching
What we’ll expect from you:
- Ability to balance customer and managerial responsibilities, prioritizing and addressing the needs of both Go West and its customers
- Outstanding leadership and EQ
- Extremely strong technical skills
- Professional, solution-minded, and friendly demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fantastic attention to detail, organization, and process
What you will be doing:
- Serving as the first escalation point for your team members
- Serving as lead Engineer for key customers and projects
- Managing the team: Prioritizing their workload, reviewing tickets and ensuring timely entry and billing accuracy, setting realistic performance expectations for team members, etc.
- Leading and developing team member technical and business skills through training, mentoring, and shadowing
- Serving as a backup for other Engineer Team Managers
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Technical Services
- 2 or 4-year degree or equivalent experience in information systems or similar field, and/or applicable industry certifications
- Minimum of 5 years in a Network Engineer or Systems Engineer IT role
- Minimum of 3 years in a managerial, supervisor, or leadership role
- Authorization to work in the US
- Experience with SQL administration, telephony, Linux, SharePoint, or Azure a plus (but not required)
Go West IT is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.