Systems Support (IT Help Desk) Technician
Go West IT is seeking a caring Systems Support (IT Help Desk) Technician to provide exceptional service to our fast-growing customer base by fielding and resolving their IT service requests quickly and intelligently.
If you have the skills to instill customer confidence with a friendly and calm demeanor, and knowledge and experience to resolve their issues efficiently and effectively, escalating when appropriate, you could be a great fit in our organization.
Go West IT is a fast-growing IT services firm that provides comprehensive support solutions to businesses with 10 – 200 users throughout the Colorado Front Range. We do this by listening to our clients, helping them to define their IT needs, then designing and implementing solutions to meet their objectives. For the majority of our customers, we are the IT department and handle everything from ordering PCs to building and maintaining computer networks and provisioning sophisticated cloud services.
What you can expect from us:
- Opportunity to be an integral part of an organization on the cutting edge of technical innovation, that is known for extraordinary results
- A fast-paced environment where each day brings different challenges/opportunities and exposure to the latest business technologies
- A commitment to professional development with resources to learn, improve, and grow
- Ability to work with a team of caring professionals who truly value teamwork
- Competitive pay with comprehensive benefits that include paid time off, medical, dental, life, disability and 401K with generous matching
- Hours: 8am to 5pm, 100% onsite in our Centennial office
What we’ll expect from you:
- Professional, solution-minded, and friendly demeanor with a strength in building strong business relationships internally and externally
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-focused personality with a penchant for organization, documentation, and appreciation of processes
- Deeply caring about offering and delivering the best possible services, giving 200% effort, yet appreciating flexibility and a team that enjoys working and sometimes playing together
- Responsiveness, with the ability to systematically prioritize and address the needs of Go West’s customers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving mindset, from a macro and micro perspective, and the ability to collaborate with a very strong technical team
- Excellence at proactively setting/managing expectations and communicating
- Ability to learn quickly, with a love of taking on new challenges
What you will be doing:
- Interacting daily (often in time-sensitive situations) with customers via phone, email, and tickets to troubleshoot IT issues with their business technology, escalating when needed, keeping customers updated on status in a timely manner
- Training end-users in applications, processes and best practices
- Monitoring customer system alerts and create Support Requests for failure notifications.
- Virus removal, OS hardening, software and hardware diagnostics
- VPN client setup and remote access troubleshooting
- Windows Active Directory moves, adds and changes
- Interfacing between vendor support and end users
- Thorough documentation of work performed and customer environments
- Submission of timely and accurate billable labor entries for invoicing
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ year college or technical school education or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years in a technical support role
- Authorization to work in the US
- CompTia A+ certification, or willingness to obtain certification within the first 90 days of employment
- MCP certification or equivalent preferred
Go West IT is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.